Skip to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 28/09/26 in all areas

  1. EV weight may be coming down but they are still heavy - eg your 'lightweight' French Renault Scenic is heavier than my 'heavy' German petrol Kodiaq by a margin of around 300kg. In terms of tyres - yes they are designed to be quiet inside the car - hence the absorbing foam etc... BUT... the drive-by noise rating remains largely the same for similar tyre sizes - eg both the Michelin Primacy 4 and Michelin Primacy-e in 235/50R19 size both have a noise rating of 70dB. I think you may be seeing what you want to see, as opposed to what is actually being seen?
  2. This, and as somebody who this summer took delivery of a brand new Kodiaq after test driving a multitude of other manufacturers (a special mention to Kia who make it infuriating, with the settings buried behind 4x menus!), the ADAS systems on Skoda aren't anywhere near as intrusive as other brands. 2x (or 3x if you want lane assist off also) quick presses of a button on the steering wheel and it's off. No rooting around menus. We have it easy.
  3. Hi everyone, Time for a quick update on my Superb after a bit of an absence... Mod-wise, not much has changed since my last posts. After going back to the OEM engine mounts and reinstalling the factory exhaust tips, I haven’t done any further tweaks. The car went right back to being the absolute perfect sleeper. Maintenance has remained top-notch: I’ve changed the oil every single year despite doing very low mileage, and replaced the spark plugs every two years. It has exclusively been run on premium fuel (98-100 octane), and I’ve always added a bottle of octane booster at every fill-up just to keep it around 102-103 octane in the tank and ensure the injectors stay in perfect health. It has been 100% bulletproof—never a single issue. The only minor thing worth mentioning is that the rear brakes have recently started making a sound similar to worn-out pads. However, both the discs and pads are actually in great condition; it's simply due to the car sitting parked up for most of the year. Despite the noise, they still work perfectly fine. I am pretty sure it can be easily sorted out by just taking the car out for a proper spirited drive for a few dozen kilometers and doing some heavy braking to clean them up. Unfortunately, precisely because I rarely get to drive it anymore, I have made the very difficult and bittersweet decision to put the Superb up for sale. To close this chapter, I want to leave a sort of "message in a bottle": I will be passing this thread's URL over to the next owner, and I warmly invite them to jump in, take over the thread, and keep updating you all on the future adventures of this amazing car. I’ll leave you with one last photo taken yesterday, with just over 24,000 total km on the clock. Thanks to everyone for following the journey!
  4. Click the bottom option, 'reboot to normal mode' then confirm on the next page
  5. 2 points
    I definitely type stuff filling in blanks in my head; then go back and re-read it and wonder how on earth I’ve let that go out the door.
  6. Colourful skies this evening and despite appearances it didn't rain!
  7. Ride is great. No issues anymore with shocks and springs. B6 damptronics with Eibach pro kit. Racingline links and H&R bars front and rear. I have three sets of Lower front arms on the go at the minute. I’ve been trying different front bushes to stop them eventually making a slight noise when they dry out during the summer. I’ve tried pre fitted, I’ve worked my way through suoerpro, and powerflex. I’m starting with polish now. I have the blue fitted but it’s starting to emit the odd creak again. So I’ll pull them out and try going up to the orange. I’ve also tried all the others refitted with a range of grease from polybush specific to marine grease to no avail. Just the front now though. The front lower with the tts solid bush is quiet. Obviously for reference, it’s always rebuilt with new bolts and tightened on the ground along with setting the adjustable links again everytime. Otherwise the thing drives really well and still makes me chuckle evertime I use it. The rear bar and links were a great help as well to handling and cornering. Yellowstuff rear and blue stuff on the front with their floating discs. Needs tyres on the front, but I’ve PS5’s coming again hopefully next day or two.
  8. 2 points
    I got a similar reply from them when I asked the question, though they did say that they had talked to VW Group about this and were assured that the driver will get adequate warning indication and so so stop quickly. They did add, back then, that as it currently did not trigger any action going by their prescribed guidelines for taking action, they would still be keeping an eye on how often this was occurring - and considering any change on possible future action based on that. So I'll always advice that owners report to them every time this happens. Edit:- I'd hope that there will be a tipping point where/when DVSA do demand action from VW Group before someone gets fried.
  9. Registered 30 June 2017 I am the third owner, having bought it in April 2025 at approx 73000 miles from the second owner who bought it as an approved used car from Haysleden Skoda in October 2020 at 36000 miles. Current mileage is just over 88000 which might increase slightly. MOT expires 6 October 2027. Heated leather seats. Heated windscreen. Apple Car Play activated. Full sized spare wheel. Electric folding mirrors. Full service history with numerous backing invoices and various Skoda printouts confirming what was done and when. Timing belt and water pump changed at 51000 miles (May 2022) Haldex serviced in February 2021 and October 2023 (at 62290 miles) Front brake discs and pads changed at 65000 miles Rear discs and pads changed at 66000 miles DSG oil changed at 40000 miles and 82000 miles (Feb 2026) Removable Westfalia towbar. Skoda sat-nav SD card present with recently-updated maps. Full original Skoda owners manuals etc. In excellent condition all round. £9995 ono
  10. More in mainstream Uk news that UK has much less stock of oil and gas that other countries and as party conference on in Liverpool at the moment the chance to question ministers but we are not hearing strategies. There are some plans out about what would happen if the power goes, from stations cannot pump gas, what foods people should stock pile etc. Winter of discontent could rather be a winter of survival especially if the UK winter is unusually grim as increasingly predicted.
  11. You seem to have gone through more bottom arms than anyone i know 😳 Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with it. I'm keeping an eye on my rear links being Whiteline and my fronts failed prematurely but so far they are holding up. Time will tell. Will replace my front rotors too next year thinking going Clubsport S discs unless i find something else😁 Next year I'll be getting the timing chain replaced with all the tensioners as well as new uprated water pump and thermostat housing. For now i need to save some cash as this year i spent far too much going stage 2 and installing Brembo 4 pots on front 😎 My subframes are still oem, no plans to replace them anytime soon 🙃unless car decides otherwise 😀
  12. We just about missed the Sunset this evening Love the ripples 😵‍💫
  13. @lol-lol That incident at RAF Fairford: the suspects have been released on bail and all come from London, and no explosives were found. The barrels in the vans were empty, and it would seem that they were attempting to steal diesel from farmers' fuel tanks and sell it because of the high London prices for diesel.
  14. 1 point
    Is it just moral? Potential new regulations on mot in 2027. Unless that’s just diesels. Recently discovered mine hasn’t done a regen in 50,000 miles or so. That might get interesting.
  15. 1 point
    Whereas I like Martini’s option of subtly changing the tailpipes despite keeping the exhaust standard. Like this badboy
  16. @lol-lol I just watched the Kei car special of the Grand Tour, a bloody good watch and a laugh.
  17. I think that’s what I did, gonna try the over the air update next longer run
  18. Thanks @ Jason_E & @Warrior193 . Still trying to get the car scanned for DTCs. May have some more info in the morning. Sadly the French don't seem to do anything quickly.
  19. It’s 100% not a brake pad issue. It’s the mild hybrid system causing it.
  20. sorry, yes it’s a LHD vehicle.
  21. 1 point
    Have a nice continuation of a bri-Skoda journey!!
  22. Groundhog day again. The Councils / Local Authority discussion was done several times here. Location location location. There will be councils where VANS have to do lots of miles in a day, and others that might just be a city and the miles their vehicles might not be so much. Getting BEV,s into the mix is just a case of what the Local Authority is prepared to sort out as far as economics and efficiency and meeting the Net Zero targets that they need to be meeting.
  23. Think I have settled on Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 205/55 R17 V (95), the variant that has an A rating for both fuel efficiency and wet braking. I've got my local Tyre fitter, who is 2 minutes away, to do all four tyres for £500, which doesn't seem bad. Here's a link for the specific tyre: https://www.blackcircles.com/brands/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance-2/205-55-r17-v-95?tyre=48109058
  24. Not in the UK it doesn't. Putting on the indicator simply tells the system you intend to move lane, and it temporarily deactivates the Lane Assist and Travel Assist combination.
  25. Thanks - trying to work out if the extra £20-£25 per tyre difference for the Performance 2 is worth it, or actually whether the regular Performance tyres that you reference actually have any advantages over the Performance 2. Possibly, the Performance 2 has increased longevity, but it's a minefield, as on the websites you get tyres with the same model name and size but slightly different prices and ratings
  26. Its not one of them. Usually, settings that are reset each startup are those that have to do with some sort of compliance - either emissions or safety.
  27. No, the 'standard' version. https://www.protyre.co.uk/tyres/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance/product/2055517VGOEFGRPE
  28. This one worked for me, same engine and year as yours, engine code CRLB: https://ebay.io/m/OO378P
  29. If fluid was low and disenaging clutch and re engaging helps with gear changes it might be a leaking master/slave cylinder or the seals on either are going and allowing fluid to pass them when engaging clutch so clutch isnt engaging fully. Monitor fluid level and check at base of Gearbox/engine join for signs of fluid. The master on my octavia failed but the fluid ended up on undertray. It could also be the gear linkages need lubricated as you said and also might be worth resetting cables. As its had a fluid change and no improvement I assume theres no air in clutch system. Meant to ask did the clutch pedal come back up on its own or did it need lifted with toes. Alasdair
  30. Carlinkit's adapters are very good. I am using it (mini ultra 3). It is almost as good as using it with cable. Most importanlty no delay while listening songs. Sometimes while playing songs it can glitch for 1 milisecond and after that it continues normally. Glitch happends rarely. If I was in your shoes I would first try with some better cable, like Samsung's original, if that doesn't help then I would continue with other methods. Good luck.
  31. I sometimes get this when on the A303 heading east coming to the Sparkford turnoff, it ' sees ' the 40MPH sign sometimes , especially if I'm in the overtaking lane ! I just carry on and reset the ACC and it recovers about a mile further on.
  32. Sorry @UndertheRadar didn’t mean to exclude you from that question! Cheers for confirming. Think I need to review your project thread! Cheers @MarioVrs Eibach is a def! Alu subframes all round…?
  33. Here is the breakdown for the facelift LED fog light retrofit on Skoda Superb MK3. On the old pre-facelift fog lights, Pin 1 was the main power wire with a 1.5 mm² cross-section, and the other pin was ground. On the new facelift LED fog lights, the pin layout is different: Pin 1 is for the 0.5 mm² PWM signal wire, and Pin 3 is for the 1.0 mm² main power wire. Because of this, you must swap and re-route the pins during installation. Specifically, you take the original 1.5 mm² power wire from the old fog light harness and move it from Pin 1 to Pin 3 on the new connector. Then, you take the new 0.5 mm² signal wire coming from the headlight and connect it to Pin 1 on the new fog light connector. Because you are splitting the functions between two different pins and wires, you must also change the channel assignments in the BCM (09 Central Electrics) module accordingly. In the BCM adaptations, set Lampentyp for the Signal Channel (Pin 1, 0.5 mm² wire) to 6 - LED-Lichtmodul to deliver the low-current PWM control signal. For the Power Channel (Pin 3, 1.0 mm² wire on channel 55L), set Lampentyp to 32 - Allgemeine LED bis 12W or 36 - LED Kleinleistung to provide a constant 12V power supply without pulse modulation and ensure correct diagnostic fault monitoring.
  34. 1 point
    This is exactly what I am trying to say, the "accumulated ash mass" is just VW's / ECU's theory. In practice, actual DPF condition is OK until clogged enough to cause backpressure and related loss of performance and problems with completing regen or frequent regens. Can be well before 80g, can also be way after 80g. I stress that this is certainly the case for EU5 engines, perhaps EU6 ones have better pressure monitoring, but I doubt it. The only way to be sure would be to swap the DPF without resetting ECU, drive for a while and look at the accumulated ash mass reading sometime afterwards. On EU5 TDI, for sure the ECU would not notice new DPF and just keep increasing accumulated ash value in line with mileage / number of regens. I suspect it is the same for EU6 TDIs, but not 100% sure.
  35. “The OTA update system uses the vehicle’s built-in mobile network connection to communicate with Škoda servers.” This should be explained more clearly. Vehicles with and without a navigation system have the SOS system connected to the mobile network via an eSIM with 2 GB of preloaded data, which should last 10 years (Proactive Service). What other connection is there in the vehicle to the Škoda servers besides a Wi-Fi connection to the home network—which is reserved for vehicles with a navigation system—or purchasing data from Cubic Telecom? I’m very curious to find out if carrier pigeons could do it!!! Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
  36. Yep, another Autodoc never again here, on ATE Ceramic brake pads in my case, but fortunately sold them here to a fellow member.
  37. The Octavia is a great family car IMO. VAG cars do like pampering though and servicing can't be skimped on without risk. They're very good so long as you anticipate known issues and head them off. Some have high oil consumption, some have issues with silica bags in the coolant that can split and gum up your heater matrix. The more you learn about your car, the better you'll be able to prevent things going wrong with it. (I've no idea what the dealers are like these days as I ducked out of the dealer network as soon as my warranty was up.)
  38. 1 point
    Unfortunately, DVSA were not interested in investigating or escalating the issue when I reported this fault to them last year! Their written response was "We do not consider this incident to constitute a fire risk as there was no ignition source present" I had substantial quantities of petrol running down the front of the engine and over the alternator!
  39. probably without, if it looks like this, you dont have connection for water sensor.
  40. You've changed from an EFB battery to AGM. You really should get it coded as the charging requirements are a little different. If you can't do it yourself with VCDS, ObdEleven, Carscanner or similar there must be someone on here who's near Guildford and can help. Failing that do you have a friendly local independent garage/mechanic ? Anybody in the trade should be able to do it.
  41. I have finally sorted out my problem. After trying numerous things which resulted in various messages on the screen about timing out/ failed to connect/ try again later etc. I created a new email address, which I will use exclusively for the car. I then went to the Skoda ID portal logged in and changed the email address to the new one. Next I went to the My Skoda app deleted everything. Then uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app with the new email address and password. Went to the car deleted all user information, then registered with the new email details. It then allowed me to become primary user and all my Skoda connect details were again available Glad that I didn't pay Skoda the £200+ that they wanted to sort out the problem.
  42. I sent you download link for MEN2_EU_SKGPx_P0080L_8755 in PM
  43. You can buy a complete get you home spare wheel kit from Skoda. Skoda Kamiq Spare Wheel Kit Link for info but you can order from any dealer
  44. I would not let them fire the parts cannon while you are paying. Get a fixed price for a guaranteed fix.
  45. I agree^ - it's a euro NCAP safety thing I believe. The safety systems such as lane keep assist, speed warning, emergency braking etc can be disabled but reenable each time the vehicle restarts. Luckily the Skoda has the quick access button on the steering wheel, with the assist menu so you can disable what you don't want. Some cars you need to enter the settings menu on the screen which is a bigger faff.
  46. If you want to be absolutely sure of the speed limit just use your eyes and pay attention - rather than complaining about the shortcomings of traffic sign recognition systems and satnav.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.