Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. nojusu joined the community
  3. They don't take heat and heavy cars very well either with mine cracking on E34 M5 with AP Racing 6 pots. Pagid also known for squeals too
  4. Get them to swap the battery for a known good one/new one. There a garage so I assume they will have access to a battery to swap. If it doesnt cure problem then you can rule out battery. If it does tell them your keeping new battery. A new battery would have been cheaper than a dealer checking car. Alasdair
  5. Try a live feed to solanoid. Cant see if its one or two wires. If it clicks with known 12v then it may be a wiring fault. You should be able to get one online. Dont suppose theres a part number on it? Alasdair
  6. Does anyone have experience comparing progressive steering with the standard steering?
  7. Today
  8. I’ve received an OTA update to version MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P33400P. I haven’t noticed any new features. The new version has stopped the daily updates for other apps. However, I still don’t have a wireless connection option for Android Auto. Myskoda app also works. I own 2023 Kamiq with Amundsen infotainment.
  9. We replaced our 8 year old Karoq with a new one in March this year. We also have a 4 year old Kamiq, both are 1.5 DSG. I don't recognise any of the problems raised by the OP. Gear changes are as smooth as silk, we have no problems with the infotainment system. I was anti ACC at first compared with the standard CC, and still wish I could switch between the two. I don't like the way ACC works on multi lane carriageways but it's ideal when following traffic on single lane roads, unlike CC. Overall though all our Skodas have been bombproof, only needing normal servicing.
  10. I have a Seat Virtual Cockpit on the bench with MOST and inactive Component Protection. The immobilizer doesn't matter in this case. I'd be happy to test it.
  11. Good morning, did you fix it? I have the same problem.
  12. Soldier joined the community
  13. mattman6910 joined the community
  14. Sergei_ joined the community
  15. Reading this I keep saying under my breath, Battery, battery, battery!....As above, many of us have experienced it, your electrickery issues are less likely to be the car, more likely the battery. Start with a good one and keep it on trickle if the car isn't used for a decent drive daily. Also ensure the car is locked overnight to properly shut down the power sapping systems otherwise they'll drain the battery quicker than dyno-rod if it sits around.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Not much to report. A few thousand faultless* miles so far. Had it in the UK in July, 35°c , air con cold as ice and getting unbelievably good fuel economy. Wasn't too long after getting it all back together so was a bit nervous but it drove flawlessly. Few small things I managed to sort. New bushes for the shifter in the cabin, one from the SDi originally. Tightened it up some more. Also found a "6 speed" knob on Amazon so snagged it. Was only 15 or so quid. It's basically the more modern VW gear knob with a boot to suit a mk2 fabia, it looks standard and considering it actually is a 6 speed now, fits perfect. My old 5 speed one was in bits this ages. Got a new set of spotlamps too, my old halogen ones were in bits this while, treated myself to a set of led spotlamps. Fit well and came with their own wiring loom. Now has a switch in the dash as well as coming on via high beam. Some disassembly required. Also replaced the fan resistor with one from a parts car. It hadn't worked on "1" in a year or so. Did a track day start of Sept at mondello. Car felt great, was able to stay out for much longer at a time and the new sway bars and other changes have made a pretty major improvement to how it felt on track. Without compromising too much on driving it every day. Gearbox felt much better suited to task than the 5 speed. Feels like Its finally where I've always wanted it to be. Still many much faster cars on track. One thing I only noticed recently with the colder weather coming in, it was struggling to get up to temp, staying mostly around 65-70°, heat wasn't great and would cause the coolant temp to plummet further. Should have realized at mondello when it wasn't getting past 90°c. So thermostat most likely, have one from darkside ready to go. Seems a bear to do in situ, and probably something I should have done when it was in pieces a few months back. Not doing big miles currently so not relying on it. Had to replace a CV boot a few months back but sounds like a joints about to go. Really wish the shaft I got when I was doing all was good, would save me a lot of hassle.
  18. Berwick and Edinburgh.
  19. Hello, I need a download link for this update: MEN3_EU_SK370_P1185L Skoda Scala 2021 1.0 TSI, 81 kW, DLAA. Why? The infotainment system is unusable. Infotainment keeps restarting. I have the old software: SW train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0393L Hardware: 040 Software 1310.
  20. Ask what device was used for test and request they show you the test printout.
  21. That’s very good of you and happy to do that I would want the exhaust cut out with no towbar
  22. The 2500 pads are bad for dust and have a tendency to start squealing as well unfortunately.
  23. Couldn't agree more. Feel like I'm being fobbed off. Going to ask them what they class as a healthy battery and ask how they checked it.
  24. Provided that all vehicle modules are in sleep mode, 12.1 V standing voltage is about 55% SOC - I'd be very surprised if a genuine battery condition test, properly applied, would give a 'good condition' health report on a battery in that state!
  25. New cylinders arrived and seem to fit right, they're single bolt units where the old units were double bolted. Not sure if I should pop them in the milling machine and ADD another bolt hole or trust that one bolt with threadlock is enough to hold them in. VW evidently think it's enough, lol. It's impossible to get an unmodified union wrench on the flexy joint inside the torsion axle thingy. Either the axle is in the way, or you get hung up on the fuel tank. So the flexies had to come out, but that's probably for the best since they're in SOME state and we're going shopping tomorrow morning to see if we can replace them. Took some fire and stuff to get that to let go. I really need to get my vice mounted properly again. Happily I have an 'in' with the local garage and we managed to sneak in and have a go on this... So we have two fresh lines ready to go on if we can fangle the bends ok. Wish me luck, maybe functioning rear brakes tomorrow... the fronts will surely need the same care and attention. I just want to be able to drive it up and down the drive again for a bit to take the depression about the welding away. I need another payday and then it's new sills and a leather welding jacket so I can stop setting myself on fire.
  26. I got the unpainted matte version on the basis it’ll be most subtle. Just postage is good! Let me know which version you want (although I’ll check the one from the donor car is all good).
  27. So the car has been into the garage today. Prior to taking in I checked the battery again and it had dropped to 12.1 volts. Health check report said the battery was in good health and there are no error codes to report despite twice this morning getting front assist unavailable and monitoring alerts unavailabe!
  28. Not sure @Cairus , originally the exploit was on the Audi platform, not sure why Skoda was next. It's not my projecr, I'm just following, but they are looking for testers. I'm sure with your knowledge of the platform that you'd be a great help. There is a number of teams doing it and keeping it open source... Some are charging €200 or €300.
  29. I'm afraid I've not gotten around to it, the car was doing its stuff over the summer so no real chance to have it off the road. It'll probably be some time before Spring next year if I have any luck. Also, whilst I'm here: Last week, the wife ended up stranded with a flat tyre. Luckily, the wife got an nice AA chap within the hour who decided it was easier to just trailer it back home, so I can have a look. There was evidence of something like a bolt that pierced the tyre and I guess was slowly leaking until motorway driving accelerated it. Sod's law really, so got the front wheels off and replaced with a pair of CrossClimate 3's. The pair came to £312.88 from BlackCircles, primarily with a discount code, essentially making them about a fiver more than the previous Contintentals, so couldn't resist. I did notice yesterday while doing some errands that the steering wheel controls no longer work. Bit annoying, as I feel I'll need to take apart bits to try and see if something has worked loose, otherwise, I'll have to try and guess whether its the buttons themselves or perhaps the converter plug type thing. I really don't want to replace that as that was a couple of hundred pounds as far as I remember. Maintenance: £3800.46 (+£312.88) Upgrades: £5512.06 Miscellaneous: £863.46
  30. Thanks for the reassurance breezy Pete. i suppose I can move it on before the chain sags too much. My concern comes from the average weekly mileage over twelve years being about 40 miles, and the oil potentially never really getting very hot to keep the chain lubricated. I am probably spending too much time on AI search bots
  31. Yeah that’s exactly the same What i got. I forgot, I also change both top strut mount (at my expense). One car reporter also told me that it could be just resonance of the system and suggest to drive 150km/h
  32. MikiRistov joined the community

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.