All Activity
- Past hour
-
OldBanger86 joined the community
- Octavia MK4 Eletric Tailgate Retrofit
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
I'd like to thank all who have responded to the thread with their experiences and suggestions. I've had ASS on my previous 2 vehicles, both KIAs, and it worked most of the time dependant on engine and external temperatures. I've only being doing short local journeys since purchase, but had a couple of longer trips (20 mile each way) which I would have thought would have charged the battery to it's ASS working criteria. I've reported the issue to Cinch who are sending a mechanic out next week to investigate. I'll report back on the outcome.
-
Elroq brake and accelerator pedal issue
Hi I posted a couple months back about this issue I’ve been having. Just got the car back from Skoda who advise me it’s normal for the car. I’m still not convinced. Are all Elroqs like this? A near constant vibration from the accelerator and brake pedal. Not severe and not affecting anything else but enough that you can feel the vibrations in your feet. Very annoying!
-
HArnott started following Elroq brake and accelerator pedal issue
-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
After a long run yesterday, I can confirm that my 2025 Mk4 behaves in the same way that @Rifleman reported. Normally, the display only shows the current lane, regardless of how many lanes there are in the road. But when there is slower moving traffic in the outside lane (on the right in the UK), a second lane appears in the display and shows the vehicle. Traffic Assist will reduce your speed to match the slower car and prevent 'undertaking' it. A little tap on the accelerator will override this if you do want to take the risk and break the rules. This works on motorways and on multi-lane trunk roads outside of cities. I haven't noticed within cities, but I don't have many examples around here to test it with.
-
Coral-C started following Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
- Octavia MK4 Eletric Tailgate Retrofit
-
Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
get a new battery delivered to your door (tayna.co.uk) and the basic version of OBDeleven 3 (£72.89) to give the battery the right code. Job done All from the comfort of your own driveway... happy days... no more problems.... (and get a Ctek charger to maintain it - use the negative post on the bulkhead to charge)
-
KinderBean started following Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
-
the truth about electric cars
-
nojusu joined the community
-
Suspension upgrade installed
They don't take heat and heavy cars very well either with mine cracking on E34 M5 with AP Racing 6 pots. Pagid also known for squeals too
-
tombee started following Suspension upgrade installed
-
Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
Get them to swap the battery for a known good one/new one. There a garage so I assume they will have access to a battery to swap. If it doesnt cure problem then you can rule out battery. If it does tell them your keeping new battery. A new battery would have been cheaper than a dealer checking car. Alasdair
-
Help needed! VCDS / OBDeleven NG2 Area (notts) to Unlock Green Menu on MIB2 Amundsen
Good morning! I’m in the middle of trying to activate Apple CarPlay on my 2015 Skoda Octavia MK3. And please correct me/ point me in the direction if I've messed up! I have updated my TechniSat Amundsen MIB2 head unit from its old factory firmware up to MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T... But I think I am currently stuck at a hurdle. I can't seem to access the Green Engineering Menu. Holding down the MENU button just drops me into standard Service Mode rather than launching the developer menu to toggle the Apple_DI0 thing. Is there anyone local to the Nottingham / West Bridgford area with the knowledge and hardware VCDS or an OBDeleven who would be willing to plug into my OBD port to try and help me? Many thanks Chris
-
- Today
-
1.9 diesel fuel pump not working advice needed.
Try a live feed to solanoid. Cant see if its one or two wires. If it clicks with known 12v then it may be a wiring fault. You should be able to get one online. Dont suppose theres a part number on it? Alasdair
-
Progressive Steering
Does anyone have experience comparing progressive steering with the standard steering?
-
thomaser07 started following Progressive Steering
-
M4keSh1ft started following Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
-
Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update
I’ve received an OTA update to version MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P33400P. I haven’t noticed any new features. The new version has stopped the daily updates for other apps. However, I still don’t have a wireless connection option for Android Auto. Myskoda app also works. I own 2023 Kamiq with Amundsen infotainment.
-
Vladej started following Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
We replaced our 8 year old Karoq with a new one in March this year. We also have a 4 year old Kamiq, both are 1.5 DSG. I don't recognise any of the problems raised by the OP. Gear changes are as smooth as silk, we have no problems with the infotainment system. I was anti ACC at first compared with the standard CC, and still wish I could switch between the two. I don't like the way ACC works on multi lane carriageways but it's ideal when following traffic on single lane roads, unlike CC. Overall though all our Skodas have been bombproof, only needing normal servicing.
-
sussamb started following Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
I have a Seat Virtual Cockpit on the bench with MOST and inactive Component Protection. The immobilizer doesn't matter in this case. I'd be happy to test it.
- Octavia VRS 2.0 TSI 265 - Oil breather hose
-
Soldier joined the community
-
mattman6910 joined the community
-
Sergei_ joined the community
-
Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
Reading this I keep saying under my breath, Battery, battery, battery!....As above, many of us have experienced it, your electrickery issues are less likely to be the car, more likely the battery. Start with a good one and keep it on trickle if the car isn't used for a decent drive daily. Also ensure the car is locked overnight to properly shut down the power sapping systems otherwise they'll drain the battery quicker than dyno-rod if it sits around.
- Yesterday
-
DieselMonte's 2012 Monte Carlo Project. (175hp 6 speed swapped)
Not much to report. A few thousand faultless* miles so far. Had it in the UK in July, 35°c , air con cold as ice and getting unbelievably good fuel economy. Wasn't too long after getting it all back together so was a bit nervous but it drove flawlessly. Few small things I managed to sort. New bushes for the shifter in the cabin, one from the SDi originally. Tightened it up some more. Also found a "6 speed" knob on Amazon so snagged it. Was only 15 or so quid. It's basically the more modern VW gear knob with a boot to suit a mk2 fabia, it looks standard and considering it actually is a 6 speed now, fits perfect. My old 5 speed one was in bits this ages. Got a new set of spotlamps too, my old halogen ones were in bits this while, treated myself to a set of led spotlamps. Fit well and came with their own wiring loom. Now has a switch in the dash as well as coming on via high beam. Some disassembly required. Also replaced the fan resistor with one from a parts car. It hadn't worked on "1" in a year or so. Did a track day start of Sept at mondello. Car felt great, was able to stay out for much longer at a time and the new sway bars and other changes have made a pretty major improvement to how it felt on track. Without compromising too much on driving it every day. Gearbox felt much better suited to task than the 5 speed. Feels like Its finally where I've always wanted it to be. Still many much faster cars on track. One thing I only noticed recently with the colder weather coming in, it was struggling to get up to temp, staying mostly around 65-70°, heat wasn't great and would cause the coolant temp to plummet further. Should have realized at mondello when it wasn't getting past 90°c. So thermostat most likely, have one from darkside ready to go. Seems a bear to do in situ, and probably something I should have done when it was in pieces a few months back. Not doing big miles currently so not relying on it. Had to replace a CV boot a few months back but sounds like a joints about to go. Really wish the shaft I got when I was doing all was good, would save me a lot of hassle.
-
Photography Thread
-
Scala 2019, Infotainment Issues
Hello, I need a download link for this update: MEN3_EU_SK370_P1185L Skoda Scala 2021 1.0 TSI, 81 kW, DLAA. Why? The infotainment system is unusable. Infotainment keeps restarting. I have the old software: SW train: MEN3_EU_SK370_P0393L Hardware: 040 Software 1310.
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
-
Exhaust Backbox
That’s very good of you and happy to do that I would want the exhaust cut out with no towbar
-
Suspension upgrade installed
The 2500 pads are bad for dust and have a tendency to start squealing as well unfortunately.
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI